Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Empty walls



My heart pours out in silence, a feeling not new.
Grief and sorrow from my sore heart dripping as dew
In the silence of the night, anguished cries echo in my bedroom
My nightmares filled me with agony, my soul in gloom.
In the day, still devoid of light
I search for a hand to bring back my sight.
Sucking from me of all the happiness, I look on the empty wall.
They speak to me of this dark winter after my wretched fall.
When did light disappear, I ask the wall.
The answer echoes in the empty room, 'when I left them all.'
In a flash comes back my memory, the day I left my family.
Asinine spat it was, but took away my ecstasy.
Refills me with pleasure, the remnants of our days together
The bright shadows of my past haunt my days forever.
To turn back the time I try everything I could,
If only I had done what I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment