Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fatal Blunder


I’d prefer to dwell in darkness
Its better this way
It veils my faults
Keeps everything dark and grey
I hate mornings and light
Dour nights no longer give me a fright
Dawn shows me stark reality
Strikes within me a feeling of self pity

I want to melt in crowds
I hate standing out
I’ve seen fingers pointing towards me
I’m suffering enough can they not see?

Every dawn I surrender to sleep
To find myself on a cliff’s edge too steep
To realize I can’t take a step ahead
I can’t drown in darkness of my death bed

I wish I had the power to reverse time
To wash the murder off my hands and undo the crime

The anguish and ache I feel
Comes out in stifled cries
A single tear escapes my weary eyes
If only
If only I hadn’t thought my friend took away what was mine
I would not be awaiting my own decline

I can never forget that fateful night
I ran my blade through her heart there was no fight
Just a cursed calm
A crumpled paper lay in her palm

My daughter had decided to die
She forfeited to death than live a lie
She was crippled and was in pain
My friend’s efforts to stop her went in vain

What my eyes had shown me was a delusion
My daughter’s blood was her own submission
My friend was innocent of my daughter’s murder
Alas! A fatal blunder

No comments:

Post a Comment